2024 Event Planning & Philanthropy Internship
2024 Event Planning & Philanthropy Intern
Where Indiana Intersects With The World... Our International Center Intern Mentors will help U. S. students achieve an international business experience and international students achieve a U. S. business experience, right here in Indianapolis!
The selected intern works with The International Center’s Vice President of Development & Engagement, and the Development & Engagement Manager, and will be involved in the process of planning and managing the annual International Citizen of the Year (ICY) award event, The Center’s largest fundraising event of the year along with other event and philanthropic related projects.
· Assist project manager with formulating a plan of action for the event that includes goals and timeline
· Provide input for and take notes at regularly scheduled organizing committee & development meetings
· Work with development manager to create, manage and maintain database of invitation lists, RSVPs, and other key event data and dates
· Assist with logistics related to the design and production of collateral materials including save the date, invitations, signage, program, etc.
· Work with communications staff to promote event through various media outlets and social media
· Work with project manager, designated internal staff and event committee to determine volunteer needs, assist with recruitment of volunteers to staff the event
· Onsite coordination on the day of the event
· Other duties as assigned
· Exposure to other departments within organization
· Donor management
· Development: philanthropy, fundraising, engagement, grants
Desired Learning Outcomes:
· Understanding U. S. and International business and cultural diversities
· Understanding event planning, management, and operations from a project manager’s perspective, building audiences through internal business communications, external marketing best practices, and volunteer logistics
· Ability to manage multiple ongoing priorities, develop and execute all aspects of project administration and event operations, accurately produce an effective set of targeted collateral materials for multi-channel distribution, gain international community exposure, recruit a volunteer corps
Desired skills and competencies:
· Good communication skills
· General knowledge of social media and how to use it
· Management and event planning major
· Basic knowledge of non-profit work
For more information about The International Center, its mission, internship program, and Frequently Asked Questions, go to www.internationalcenter.org. Intern applications and cover letter may be submitted directly at https://internationalcenter.org/employment/internship-application or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of The International Center team, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
The International Center values diversity and inclusion in all endeavors.